Salcantay trek to Machupicchu is the second most fascinating tours to go to Machupicchu, every year thousands of tourists take this trekking tour. In Salcantay Trek tour our coustomers sleep in campings set on beautiful places to help our guests have unique experiences. An andean chef cooks every day nutritious and delicious food. And why not to mention our porters team, who every day transport all the equipments, food and your bagage to the next camp site. The best of all is that the trekking you finish in Machupicchu and to come back to Cusco you ride the Machupicchu train.
Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa
We depart at 5.00 in the morning from the city of Cusco in tourist bus, passing through the towns of Izcuchaca and Limatambo; we will arrive at the town of Mollepata around 7.00 hours where we have the last chance to get a breakfast. Around 8:00 am we will take our bus one more hour in orther to arrive to MARQOK`ASA where we will start our trekking surrounded by a typical landscape of the Peruvian Andes. At noon the lunch is going to be ready at soraypampa the camping place, in the afternoon after a short break. We will have a chance to climb to the HUMANTAY LAGOON located very close to the glasiers accompanied by our guide ,this last as a training for the next day. After this challenge is time to go back to the camp site where we will fish our activities this day with a delicious dinner.
DAY 2: SORAYMAPA – COLLPAPAMPA
Early in the morning, we will taste our breakfast compound by some panqueques, bems cream ,batter, marmalade, etc. after the breakfast we will start to climb toward the highest point of our trip, EL PASO SALKANTAY which is located over 4,600 meters above sea level. After a break and enjoy the panoramic views. We start the descent to the valley of Chaullay. Along the way you will notice the changes of the landscapes, and see the formations of rivers from glaciers that become tributaries of the great Urubamba River, along the trail We will also see a variety of orchids, bromeliads, etc. We arrive in the afternoon to Chaullay where will do the second night camping.
DAY 3: COLLPAPAMPA – AGUAS CALIENTES
After a hearty breakfast, we start our trek; along the hike we will appreciate many varieties of local crops, including coca plantation considered sacred plant from our ancestors. This last section will be easy to hike till Playa Sahuayaco. There, we will have a typical Andean lunch prepared by our chef. From this point we will take a local transport for about one hour toward hydroelectric the next village. . In the afternoon we will arrive to Machupicchu, popularly known as “Aguas Calientes”. That’s where we spend our last night in a hotel at the foot of the Great Machupicchu (Inca citadel
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (walk and visit the Inca citadel)
At 4.30 am we will get ready to head to the Inka citadel of Machu Picchu, following an ancient trail through the jungle. The plan is to be some of the first in machupicchu and have lot of chances to enjoy the sunrice , once the group gets together we start to visit the most important temples of machupicchu inca city accompanied by our professional guide who will share their knowledge for about two hours. Then our clients will have free time to do some more hikes around the Inca citadel. In the afternoon, the tourist train returns from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo, where we pick you up in our buses. As an additional service we offer the climbing to Huayna Picchu, the trek to the Inca Bridge, the mountain Machu Picchu, etc. See the available spaces.
Inlcuye / No incluye
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR:
TRANSPORTATION: are included the following transportation services required completing the tour on every package we have; Here we detail including transport depending on the itinerary of each package.
- Pick up passengers from their respective hotels and then transported to the beginning of the excurcion which is marqoq`asa, this applies to all three packages.
- Shuttle bus la playa sahuayaco to Santa Teresa.
- Transport of Santa Teresa to hydroelectric power.
- Transporting from the train station in Ollantaytambo to your hotel.
ENTRY TICKET: detail tickets that are included in the tour for the aforementioned packages:
- Entrance ticket to the Inca citadel of machupichu.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
CAMPING EQUIPMENT: all necessary camping equipment are included for all packages mentioned here detail the following:
- 1 tent for two people,the tents that we provide are spacious with seating for 4 people but we use it only for 2 people (Doite kailas 4 and Doite pro aconcagua4)
- 1 mat for each person, the mats we use are doubles to allow relaxation.
- 1 pillow for each person.
- Dining tent and cosine with the respective tables and chairs.
ACCOMMODATION: accommodation we include in the package is a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- This included a night in a hotel that has the following services:
- All rooms with private bathroom and shower.
- 24 hours hot shower
- Buffet Breakfast.
- WE-FI Internet.
- TV-LCD. DIRECTV satellite signal.
- Check in. 12:00 p.m. to 23:00 pm- check out at 9:00 am.
- 1 Professional bilingual guide for every 12 passengers. 1 guide assistant plus a guide assistant for 16 passengers per group.
- 1 Andean cooker and an assistant for every 8 passengers
- Horsemen and horses to carry all camping equipment, kitchen and 5 kilos of personal belongings of each passenger.
MEALS: includes all nutrients required during the trip.
- All food is buffet service offer.
- Three power breakfasts
- Three nutritious lunches
- Three delicious dinners
- Three snacks
- Awake each morning tea in camps
- Radio communication
- First aid kit
- Guides certified in first aid and mountain rescue.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDES
- First breakfast
- Lunch and dinner on the last day of trip
- Bus Service from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Sleeping bag
- Transportation and entrance to the hot springs of Santa Teresa
- Extra services we offer for the trip:
- Rental sleeping bags
- Mountain Canes
- Individual tent service
- Service simple room in hot water
- Bus ticket to Machu Picchu
- Train ticket hidrolectrica – Aguas calientes town
- Ticket to huaynapicchu mountain
- Ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Private transport Ollanta to Cusco
- Extra Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Zip-line in Santa Teresa town
IMPORTAND TO BRING
- Warm clothes for days 1, 2 and 5
- Sportswear (2 pairs each)
- Walking shoes
- Camera or camcorder with extra battery
- Mosquito repellent
- Hat or cap
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Extra money in soles
- Standard Backpack Trip