Day 1 Cusco – Huaran – Cancha Cancha
We pick you up at your hotel and take our mini bus to Huaran. We will have horses to transport all the camping equipments, food and 5 kilos of your luggage. We will walk the first stretch all the way up until Cancha Cancha Town, here our Andean chef will serve a delicious lunch. In the afternoon we will have free time to share with locals and relax. overnight in this beautiful place
Day 2 Cancha Cancha – Hot Springs of Lares – Journey to Machupicchu
This day, after a strengthening breakfast, we will continue way up for the next 2 more hours to reach Pachacuteq pass over 4640 meters above sea level, a long the way the landscape will be changing from those grasslands full of Lamas and Alpacas, now will be a Queuñales forest to reach the qiswarani valley. After an energetic lunch, you will travel to Ollantaytambo in our bus, here you will take a train that will take you to the town of Machupicchu where you will spend the night.
Day 3 Machupicchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
Going up early is a good idea, so you can enjoy Machupicchu more peacefully. We will walk along a zigzagging road full of bleachers that climbs from 2000 meters to 2440 meters when we reach Machupicchu. You will be accompanied by a professional tour guide who, with his explanations, will make you live an unforgettable experience during your visit to Machupicchu. In the afternoon you will return by train enjoying the beautiful landscape of wild forests and corn crops of the Urubamba river valley until you reach Ollantaytambo. From here our transportation will take you to your hotel in Cusco city.
Include / Not include
– Meeting to receive instructions at 18:00 hours, 1 or 2 days before the start date of the tour (Must be confirmed at time of booking).
– Tourist train service from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
– Tourist train service from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
– Transfer by tourist bus from the train station to the center of the city of Cusco (Plaza San Francisco or Plaza Regocijos).
– Entrance tickets to the Inca city of Machu Picchu.
– Bus to go up and down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (Place where the train station is located).
– Professional bilingual tourism guide (Spanish and English)
– Camping equipment (double tent brand DOITE, model Kailas 3, Doite Himalaya model and Eureka tents, inflatable Matra, dining tent with table and chairs).
– Specialist cook in High Mountain and kitchen equipment. Lunch includes (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners).
– Lunch in the afternoon at the campsite (tea, coffee, popcorn and crackers).
– Horses and Muleteers to carry camping equipment such as: sleeping tents, kitchen equipment, dining room and food.
– Our horses carry 5 kilos of their luggage.
– First aid and oxygen balloon.
– Breakfast on the first day and lunch on the last day.
– Sleeping bag (If you need one, you can rent with us)
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
– A backpack of 20 or 25 liters with rain cover.
– Sleeping bag resistant to -10°C/14°F.
– Sufficient clothing for cold weather and warm weather (Since the weather can be cold and humid, therefore your wet clothes will not be able to dry overnight).
– Waterproof jacket and trousers and rain poncho.
– Trekking shoes.
– Sandals and bikini (for bathing and thermal baths in Aguas Calientes).
– Sun block, insect repellent, alcohol gel, canteen, water purifier and toilet paper.
– Flashlight and extra batteries.
– Snack: chocolates, cereal bars, jungle fruits and nuts. etc.
– Original passport, original student card (if admitted).
– Extra money in soles.