The 4 days Inka trail hike to Machupicchu is one of the most famous in South America, with its 45 km of stunning landscapes, marvellous Inkan complexes and endemic fauna and flora. Be ready for an amazing and unique challenge with a magical reward the lost city of the Inkas Machupicchu city.
Over 250 species of orchid have been counted in the Machu Picchu Historic Sanctuary, as well as numerous rare birds, animals, reptiles, including several species considered to be in danger of extinction. In order to complete the Inka Trail, you need to have a reasonable level of fitness, age shouldn’t be a barrier. The most important thing is to be well acclimatized to the altitude. The maximum height above sea level along the way is 4200m so we recommend anyone coming from the coast to spend at least 2 days in Cusco before attempting the trek.
Inclussions / Exclussions
- Pre -tour briefing time at 19.00 hrs pm. in our office of AITA PERU 1 or 2 days before your date departure (it has to be confirmed at the booking time).
- Tourist train from Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Collective tourist transfers from the train station in Ollantaytambo to the centre of Cusco.
- Bus going down from Machupicchu to Aguas calientes where the train station is located.
- Admission ticket to the Inca trail and Machupicchu.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Camping Equipment (professional two – persons tents: Doite, model Kailas 3, extra light /4.5 kg, Doite, model Himalaya, extra light /4.5 kg and Eureka Tents; sleeping mats, dining tent equipped with a table and chairs).
- Cook, cooking equipment, meals (3 breakfast, 3 lunches and 3 dinners). Food includes pancakes, omelettes, soups, fresh fruit and spaghetti, chicken, fish, meat and rice, all rich in carbohydrates and very suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leaves tea which is excellent for the altitude acclimatization.
- Tea and snack time every day (tea, coffee, wantan, popcorn and cracker).
- Porters to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and the cooking stock).
- First- aid kit and Oxygen bottle.
- Breakfast on the first day and last lunch in Aguas Calientes town.
- Sleeping bag, AITA PERU rents proper and specific trekking equipment for the inka trail including a selection of sleeping bags.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Backpack and rain gear.
- sleeping bag
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woollen or synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long – and short -sleeved polo ‘s/T- Shirts.
- Rain poncho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag).
- Flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original student card and extra money in soles.
- Since the weather can be very cold and humid, clothes hardly dry out after rain so it is advisable to bring extra clothes to change.
1. We require an immediate deposit of US $ 300.00 for all reservations (per person).
2. For all Tours and Treks, the balance must be paid 30 days before the start of the program. We accept cash and PayPal. Failure to pay the balance of the walk results from the cancellation of the tour.
3. For student discounts, we need a copy of a valid ISIC student card. In the event that we do not receive the scanned copy of the card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation with the full price.
4. The Client may cancel the reservation of the package at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation charges are applied as shown below, calculations from the day you receive the written notification through email@example.com. All reservations canceled less than 30 days prior to the date of departure of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee:
Period before the game. The notification is received. A cancellation fee is received as a percentage of the total price of the Tour.
More than 30 days $ 300.00
30 – 15 more than 80%
7 days or less 100%
5. The permission of the Inca Trail is not transferable.
6. The duration of the program the traveler leaves the excursion as a demonstration by him or her, no refund will be made nor will any claim be accepted.
7. Certain services may be interrupted or even canceled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are the hotels, service providers, AITA Peru and its partners and, therefore, no refund will be granted.