Day 1: Cusco – Huchuyqosqo- Lamay – Machupicchu
First day of our unforgettable trekking, AITA PERU will pick you up at your hotel at 7:00 am in the morning, our private transport will take you to the shores of the crystal lagoon Qoriqocha (The golden lake) for one hour. From the most elevated section of the mountains we will begin this beautiful trek led by your professional trekking guide. During your journey we will appreciate wonderful landscapes and we will walk along an Inka trail, one of hundreds that existed during the Inkan era, this visible trail still leads directly to the palace of the Inka Wiracocha. After visiting this impressive structure, we will descend to the Andean village of Lamay where our tourist transport awaits to take us to Ollantaytambo train station. A remarkable train journey through the Andes will take you to Machupicchu town where you will spend the night.
Day 2: Machupicchu – Ollantaytambo- Cusco
Visiting Machupicchu early is a good idea, so you can enjoy this remarkable monument more peacefully. Machupicchu town is at 2000 meters above sea level where we will walk along a zigzagging road until 2440 meters above sea level where Machupicchu Inkan city is located. Accompanied by our professional tour guide you will start exploring such extraordinary Inkan city. In the afternoon you will return by train enjoying the beautiful landscape of wild forests and farming areas along the Urubamba river valley until you reach Ollantaytambo. From here our private transport will take you to your hotel in the city of Cusco.
WHAT TO BRING:
- – A backpack of 15 litres with rain cover.
- – Sufficient clothing for cold weather
- – Trekking shoes.
- – Sunscreen, insect repellent, antibacterial gel, canteen, and toilet roll.
- – Camera
- – Snack: chocolates, cereal bars, fruits and nuts. etc.
- – Original passport, original student card (if admitted).
- – Extra money in soles.
Inclussions / exclussions
- – A pre tour meeting with one of our representatives to describe and receive instructions, at 18:00 hours, preferably 1 or 2 days before the start date of the tour (Must be confirmed at time of booking).
- – Transfers in Aita Peru’s tourist transport
- – Tourist train service from Ollantaytambo to Machupicchu town – Ollantaytambo
- – Admission ticket to Huchuyqosqo
- – Admission tickets to the Inca city of Machu Picchu.
- – Bus to descent from Machu Picchu complex to town where the train station is located
- – Professional bilingual tour guide for 2 days (Spanish and English).
- – One box Lunch
- – First aid kit and portable oxygen tank.
- – Breakfast and Dinner on the first day and lunch and dinner on the last day.