Clasic inca jungle trek is an experience that combines adrenaline, nature and culture. A carefully designed tour by AITA PERU that comprehends several activities such as CYCLING, RAFFTING, TREKKING, ZIP LINE and finally the visit of the Inka city of MACHUPICCHU. A unique opportunity to discover Andean villages, meet up and interact with locals, observe Andean crops of the jungle eyebrow of Cusco, spot wildlife and local flora. In addition, we will swim in thermal crystalline waters. A tour full of adventures and contrast of experiences.
Tour Type: Biking,Raffting, Adventure, History, Culture
Good For: Those who enjoy biking,raffting and hiking and have a moderate level of fitness.
Difficulty: Moderate, But Challenging
DAY 1.-Cusco – Santa Maria (STA. MARIA TOWN).
At 6:00 in the morning you will be pick up at your hotel in Cusco city or Sacred Valley, we will drive to the town of Chinchero for 1 hour approximately. Accompanied by our expert tour guide you will do mountain bike from Chinchero (3800 meters) until the town of Ollantaytambo (2800 meters) 40 km approximately through stunning landscapes located in the beautiful mountains of Sacred Valley. After the bike tour our car will transfer us to Santa Maria valley where you will have organic powerfull lunch. In the afternoon you will do Rafting in the Urubamba river located at high jungle of Amazon rainforest, Included all equipment’s for Mountain Bike tour and rafting. Come only with sport clothing and swimming suit.
DAY 2 .-Santa Maria – Santa Teresa.
The sounds of the nature wake us up and we get ready for an early breakfast, a breakfast prepared using local crops, a nutritious meal that will help us to start this beautiful day.
At approximately 8:00am in the morning, we start the 8 hours hiking experience. Only after 2 hours of walking we will be on the highest point of this day, in this section of the hiking we are going to explore a segment of the amazing Inka trail located at the mountain side. Our guide will provide you with vital information to understand the flora and fauna of the region. At noon we will arrive to the town of Q`ellumayu for lunch. After, we will continue our hike along the Urubamba river valley which leads towards the therapeutic QOCALMAYU hot springs, a great opportunity to swim and bathe in it, only 45 more minutes of walking we arrive to our hostel in SANTA TERESA town.
DAY 3.-Santa Teresa – Machupicchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes).
After a nutritious breakfast, around 8:00 am in the morning we are going to start our next experience. Zip – Line that consist crossing over the Urubamba River via 5 Cables over 150 m. hight . Later our tour guide will show you the way for about 15 minutes of hike until we arrive to INTIWATANA TOWN (hydroelectric train station) lunch place. In this small community we have an opportunity to appreciate some Inka remains dating back to 1500s, the next part of the trek consists of 3 more hours all the way along the rail line until AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN (hot springs town) The trek finishes at the hotel.
DAY 4.-MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.
The most expected day of the tour. Very early in the morning at 4:30am we start the hike up to Machupicchu Inkan city. A challenge of 1300 steps that connect Machupicchu from the river side through the jungle. It will be 1 hour and half time until we finish the climb. We will go through the check point at 6.00 am and hoping the admire the sunrise in Machupicchu we start entering into the Inkan complex. After the natural experience our guide will proceed to explain and lead you through this magnificent and mystical place for about 2 hours. You will have plenty of time to explore the site by yourself afterwards, always bearing in mind the train time table return.
Finally, we will take the train from Machupicchu village to Ollantaytambo and a tourist bus from AITA PERU will drive you to the city of Cusco.
The additional service of the day (optional) is the ascent to Huaynapicchu. Ask us about the availability.
Inclussions / Exclussions
- Briefing pre-tour meeting at the hotel
- Transport in tourist bus from Cusco to Abra Málaga pass, and assistance during the first day
- Bikes with front suspension, helmets, gloves, elbow and knee pads
- 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 breakfasts
- 2 nights at a guest house, basic services
- 1 night (last night) at a hostel (private bathroom and hot water)
- Admission ticket to Machupicchu
- Bilingual professional guide during the 4 days
- Train back from Machupicchu village to Ollantaytambo and tourist bus to Cusco
- Guide assistant (for more than 8 passengers)
- First aids
- Vegetarian meals if necessary, with no additional cost
- Zip Line in Santa Teresa (optional)
- River rafting first day (optional)
- Bus Ticket to Machupicchu (19.00USD) on this tour our group walks up to Machupicchu
- Breakfast (first day and last day lunch)
- Snacks and additional meals
- Ticket to the thermal baths of Santa Teresa S/. 5.00
- Mineral water during the tour
- Ticket to Huaynapicchu 16.00USD (optional)
WHAT TO BRING
- Warm clothes for the first and last day
- Sport clothes (2 of each: t-shirt, trousers, socks…)
- Trekking shoes
- Camera or video camera and extra batteries
- Mosquito repellent
- Hat or cap
- Rain coat
- Extra money in soles