Ausangate and Rainbow mountain Trek 3 Days
Saturday, 19 November, 2022 | Our most popular treks | 0 Comentarios
Ausangate and rainbow mountain trek is ideal for all trekking lovers because its challenging route with beautiful landscapes and the rewarding interaction with the local people, its strong cultural components that easily surpass the highest expectations of an epic journey. The peculiarity of the Ausangate trekking comparing with other treks that can be done in the Cusco region that includes Inca archaeological sites, Ausangate trek is that you start at 4200 m. and ascend to about 5200 m., the trip consists of enjoying throughout the journey of unparalleled landscapes; lakes, pristine glaciers, valleys and colorful mountains that allows a deep contact with the rugged nature. In addition, there is the opportunity to observe the endemic fauna consisting of 20 species of birds, black-winged Andean geese, the majestic Andean condor, llamas, alpacas, vicuñas and the vizcacha (a type of chinchilla that resembles a rabbit). All this creates a configuration that can be described as completely sublime.
DAY 1.- Cusco – Upis
Our tour starts with the pick up from your hotel at 04:30 am trip in local transportation to the beginning of the hike
to the beginning of the hike that is part of the community of upis, this trip will last 3 hours approx.
We will meet our muleteer and have breakfast.
Then we will continue with the hike with spectacular views of the Nevado de Ausangate
of Ausangate, until we arrive to our camp with cabins of Upis which is located at 4200 masl.
located at 4200 meters above sea level, where we will have lunch prepared by our chef,
then we can go to the thermal baths.
DAY 2.- Upis – Puca Cocha – Ananta.
In the early morning we will have breakfast. To start our hike, on the way we will observe the local shepherds
On the way we will observe the local alpaca herders, the snow-covered Ausangate on the left side
snow covered on the left side, flora and fauna. If we are lucky,
If we are lucky, we may see condors, chinchillas and vicuñas.
In addition, we will enjoy colorful lagoons, we will also pass through two passes, the first one the Arapa pass and the second one the Arapa pass.
We will also pass through two passes, the Arapa pass, which is located at 4989 masl (16567 ft) and the Arapa pass, which is located at 4989 masl (16567 ft).
We will continue with the trek to Pucaqocha where we will be served our lunch.
After taking pictures and a short rest we head to our second camp which is Ananta.
our second camp which is Ananta our camp which is located at 4700masl (16567ft).
DAY 3.- Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Qesuno – Cusco.
Today is the day that we will wake you up very early 03:45 a.m., then we will have breakfast.
breakfast we will start with the first uphill to Ananta pass (15,090 ft-4500m-14,000 ft).
feet-4500m-14,000 feet) from where, you will see this incredible Rainbow Mountain called
also called 7-color mountain in the distance, we will start descending to go around a small lagoon to
small lagoon until we reach the last uphill to the 7 colored mountain where you will have a 360 degree view
where you will have a 360 degree view, dive in and enjoy the site. Then shuffle to the
red mountain or red valley we descend to the community of Ttio a small village where we will have lunch.
lunch, then we will take our local transportation to go back to cusco arriving to cusoc at around 7.30 p.m.
- Private transportation from your hotel to Upis.
- Private transportation back to hotel from Qesuyunoc (Rainbow Mountain) the end of our trek.
- PRO4 season tent in SHERPA DOME (04 people tent for 02 people)
- Other camping equipment, a dining tent with table and chairs, and a kitchen tent, manned by a professional cooking staff.
- PRO Air sleeping pads (Therma-Rest brand).
- Entrance tickets to the park and camping site fees.
- Professional Trek Leader.
- Meals: Breakfast (2), lunch (3), dinner (2), with option for vegetarians, gluten free, lactose free.
- A professional chef.
- Horses, and muleteers; horses carry your 5-kg / 11-pound personal items.
- Peru AITA PERU ADVENTURES Duffel bags where to put the personal items.
- Emergency Horse to escort us during the trek, feel free to ride or upload your personal day pack.
- Oxygen tank and first aid-kits.
Not Included on the Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain 3 Days
- Sleeping bags (available for renting).
- Hiking poles (available for renting).
- Extra expenditure during the trek, such as soda, alcoholic drinks, extra snacks, etc.
- Tipping for the trek leader, porters or muleteers, and other staff (expected but not compulsory your own appreciation).
- Travel insurance.