Tour Type: Hiking, Camping, Adventure, History, Culture
Total Distance: 43KM/26 Miles
Climate: Day 1 relatively cold, day 2 cold, day 3 hot and many mosquitos, day 4 hot
Difficulty: Moderate, but Challenging
Difference of altitudes :Cusco (3400 m), Ollantaytambo(2792 m), KM 82(2250 m), Warmiwañusqa pass (4200m)Wiñayhuayna(2700 metros), Machupicchu (2442 metros),Aguas Calientes (2050 m).
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 82 – WAYLLABAMBA:
At 5:30 in the morning we leave Cusco, after two hours journey in our private car we will arrive to Ollantaytambo, stop for breakfast and then we continue following the Urubamba river for 30 more minutes until Km 82 of the rail way where the Inca trail begings
SECOND DAY: WAYLLABAMBA – PAQAYMAYU.
In the middle of nature and birdsongs will be a pleasure to enjoy our typical breakfast, then from Wayllabamba we will start with the climb to the highest point of our trip called WARMIHUAÑUSQA located at 4200 m., where we will get some amazing panoramic views, after a good relaxing time we will descent along a very interesting rain forest valley until the camp site called PAQAYMAYU.
THIRD DAY: PAQAYMAYU – WIÑAY HUAYNA
Deep in the reserve area where is possible to see Andean deers, native birds, etc. after a delicious breakfast we will continue with our journey , 30 minutes walking after we will have been arrive to RUNKURAQAY Incan ruins, then we have to continue climbing to the highest point before descending to SAYAQMARCA other archaeological Incan architectural group.
After 15 more minutes walking we will enjoy a delicious lunch in the sector called CH’AKIQOCHA, then continuing we will get PHUYUPATAMARCA another archaeological group, after watching the area we will need to continue down about two and a half more hours to WIÑAYHUAYNA an Inca citadel , where we will have enough time to enjoy .our camping is going to be just next to this place.
FOURTH DAY: WIÑAYHUAYNA – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
After a powerful breakfast … at 5.00 am, we will start walking toward INTI PUNKU (Sun Gate). The purpose of this walk is to stay at INTI PUNKU on time to appreciate the sunrise of MACHUPICCHU and also take broad views of all the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu depending of the weather… From this place we will continue walking one more hour to arrive in Machupicchu, we will visit Machupicchu; finally you will have free time to enjoy the old Inca city. In the afternoon we will go down by bus to MACHUPICCHU pueblo (Aguas Calientes) and come back to Cusco.
- HUAYNA PICCHU: The visit to Huayna Picchu needs to be booked long time in advance as there are only limited spaces. We charge an additional $70.00.
- EXTRA PORTER: According to the low (26702) and supervised by the ministry of employment, the collaboration of an extra porter is given under the conditions the customer requires. However, the costumer’s luggage mustn’t exceed 12 kg, since the porter is only allowed to carry 20 kg. The service costs US $ 130 and includes transport, entrance fee to the Inca trail, food and camping equipment.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Backpack and rain gear.
- sleeping bag
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long – and short -sleeved polo‘s/T- Shirts.
- Rain poncho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag).
- Flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original student card and extra money in soles.
- Since the weather can be very cold and moistly, your clothes – once gotten wet-won’t dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
OUR SERVICE INCLUDE:
- Pre -Briefing time at 19 hrs. in our office 1 or 2 days before your date departure (it has to be confirmed at the booking time).
- Tourist train from Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Collective tourist transfers from the train station in Ollantaytambo to the center of Cusco.
- Bus going down from Machupicchu to Aguas calientes where the train station is situated.
- Entrance fee to the Inca trail and Machupicchu.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Camping Equipment (professional two – persons tents: Doite, model Kailas 3, extra light /4.5 kg, Doite , model Himalaya, extra light /4.5 kg and Eureka Tents ; sleeping mats , dining tent equipped with a table and chairs ).
- Cook, cooking equipment, meals ( 3 breakfast, 3 lunches and 3 dinners).Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit and spaghetti ,chicken , fish, meat and rice, all rich in carbohydrates and very suitable for trekking , hot drinks including coca leaves tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- Tea and snack time every day (tea, coffee, wantan, popcorn and cracker).
- Porters to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and the cooking stock).
- First- aid kit and Oxygen bottle.
- Breakfast on the first day and last lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Sleeping bag (if you don’t a sleeping bag there is the possibility of renting one).
Click Here to Book
Price per person USD $