DAY -1.-CUSCO –WIÑAYWAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES
5:30 in the morning we leave Cusco, after two hours driving we will arrive to Ollantaytambo (stop for breakfast). In Ollantaytambo we board the train, and follow the sacred valley THE Urubamba river valley until to arrive at km 104 CHACHABAMBA train stop (2250 meters).Only after few minutes we will get the first tourist attraction CHACHABAMBA a small Inca town where the travelers in Incas time stopped and were controlled. During the hike to the next place WIÑAYWAYNA (which means forever young Located at 2700 m.), the trail is zigzagging through rain forest, adorned by orchids, and the native big trees. Without doubts, WIÑAYWAYNA is one of the Incan legacy’s that shows the armory between humans and nature. The next view spot is INTI PUNKU (the sun gate),located only one and a half hours walking from Wiñaywayna, to arrive in the afternoon let us to see MACHUPICCHU under de sun with special contrasts of colors. Later after 45 more minutes of hike we will arrive to the main gate of MACHUPICCHU (2440 m) where we take the bus down to Aguas Calientes (This day we don’t visit Machupicchu, only we have time for some pictures from the view point). We will have dinner and then, just to prepare cameras and batteries for the next day.
DAY -2. – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.
The breakfast will be ready at 4:30, and at 5:30 we take the buses to be in Machupicchu early when it just opens. Our tour guide will explain us about Machupicchu in Incas time, will show us the many temples and the rituals that the Incas practiced. After two hours of tour you will have time to visit by your own. If the time allows, you will able go to see the Inca Bridge and more. In the afternoon we meet at Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included) and take the train back. In Ollantaytambo our private transport pick us up and come back to Cusco ending near the plaza de Armas.
HUAYNA PICCHU: The visit to Huayna Picchu needs to be booked long time in advance as there are only limited spaces. We charge an additional $70.00.
EXTRA PORTER: According to the low (26702) and supervised by the ministry of employment, the collaboration of an extra porter is given under the conditions the customer requires. However, the costumer’s luggage mustn’t exceed 12 kg, since the porter is only allowed to carry 20 kg. The service costs US $ 130 and includes transport, entrance fee to the Inca trail, food and camping equipment.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Backpack and rain gear.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long – and short -sleeved polo‘s/T- Shirts.
- Rain poncho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag).
- Flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original student card and extra money in soles.
- Since the weather can be very cold and moistly, your clothes – once gotten wet-won’t dry at night. So taque some clothes to change.
OUR SERVICE INCLUDE:
- Briefing time at 18hrs. in our office 1 or 2 days before your date departure (it has to be confirmed at the booking time).
- Bus Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station.
- Tourist train from Ollantaytambo to km 104 (Place where the trek begins)
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Collective tourist transfers from the train station in Ollantaytambo to the center of Cusco.
- Bus going down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes day one, day two one way bus up.
- Entry tickets to the Inca trail and Machupicchu.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Meals (one lunch, one breakfast, one dinner).
- First- aid kit and Oxygen bottle.
- Breakfast on the first day and last lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Ticket for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (10.00 soles).
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes the second day.
Click Here to Book
Price per person USD $