Tour Type: Hiking, camping, adventure, history, culture
Good For: Those in moderate shape, or better
Considerations: Night three includes our best camping site, overlooking Machu Picchu to enjoy the sunrise and sunset over Machu picchu.
Live your own adventure doing the hike in the sacred Andes; visit the snow caped Salkantay mountain and enjoy the peruvian food prepared by our Andean chef .we Will have 3 camping nights in the middle of the nature.Also, the horses will be the sole transport vehicle of our food and luggage. You will enjoy the company of the friendly local people and get to know the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
DAY 1: CUSCO – CH’ALLAKANCHA
We depart at 5.00 in the morning from the city of Cusco in tourist bus, passing through the towns of Izcuchaca and Limatambo; we will arrive at the town of Mollepata around 7.00 hours where we have the last chance to get a breakfast. Around 8:00 am we will take our bus one more hour in orther to arrive to MARQOK`ASA where we will start our trekking surrounded by a typical landscape of the Peruvian Andes. At noon the lunch is going to be ready at soraypampa the camping place, in the afternoon after a short break. We will have a chance to climb to the HUMANTAY LAGOON located very close to the glasiers accompanied by our guide ,this last as a training for the next day. After this challenge is time to go back to the camp site where we will fish our activities this day with a delicious dinner.
DAY 2: SORAYMAPA – COLLPAPAMPA
Early in the morning, we will taste our breakfast compound by some panqueques, bems cream ,batter, marmalade, etc. after the breakfast we will start to climb toward the highest point of our trip, EL PASO SALKANTAY which is located over 4,600 meters above sea level. After a break and enjoy the panoramic views. We start the descent to the valley of Chaullay. Along the way you will notice the changes of the landscapes, and see the formations of rivers from glaciers that become tributaries of the great Urubamba River, along the trail We will also see a variety of orchids, bromeliads, etc. We arrive in the afternoon to Chaullay where will do the second night camping.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY- LUCMABAMBA – LLAQTAPATA INCA RUINS
After a hearty breakfast, we will drive from the campsite to lucmbamba . once in lucmabamba we will start the hike up to llaqtapata inca ruins through an old trail with amazing views. from the ruins there is a impresive view of machupicchu and tghe waynapicchu mountains. after the lunch we have free all afternoon in our lodge placed at the top of this mountain.
DAY 4:LLAQTAPATA -HIDROHELECTRICA – MACHU PICCHU PUEBLO
Every day is a discovery. Accompanied by our professional guide who will give us unique and personalized attention throughout our journey, on this day we will have splendid views of many waterfalls from the glaciers. See coca plantations and coffee farmers. In the afternoon we will arrive to Machupicchu, popularly known as “Aguas Calientes”. That’s where we spend our last night in a hotel at the foot of the Great Machupicchu (Inca citadel.). Zip line (extra service) after the breakfast until lunch time.
DAY 5: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (walk and visit the Inca citadel)
At 4.30 am we will get ready to head to the Inka citadel of Machu Picchu, following an ancient trail through the jungle. The plan is to be some of the first in machupicchu and have lot of chances to enjoy the sunrice , once the group gets together we start to visit the most important temples of machupicchu inca city accompanied by our professional guide who will share their knowledge for about two hours. Then our clients will have free time to do some more hikes around the Inca citadel. In the afternoon, the tourist train returns from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo, where we pick you up in our buses. As an additional service we offer the climbing to Huayna Picchu, the trek to the Inca Bridge, the mountain Machu Picchu, etc. See the available spaces.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR:
TRANSPORTATION: are included the following transportation services required completing the tour on every package we have; Here we detail including transport depending on the itinerary of each package.
- Pick up passengers from their respective hotels and then transported to the beginning of the excurcion which is marqoq`asa, this applies to all three packages.
- Shuttle bus la playa sahuayaco to Santa Teresa. Applicant for all the above packages.
- Transporting from the train station in Ollantaytambo to your hotel.
ENTRY TICKET: detail tickets that are included in the tour for the aforementioned packages:
- Entrance ticket to the Inca citadel of machupichu.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
CAMPING EQUIPMENT: all necessary camping equipment are included for all packages mentioned here detail the following:
- 1 tent for two people,the tents that we provide are spacious with seating for 4 people but we use it only for 2 people (Doite kailas 4 and Doite pro aconcagua4)
- 1 mat for each person, the mats we use are doubles to allow relaxation.
- Dining tent and cosine with the respective tables and chairs.
- Zip-line in Santa Teresa town.
ACCOMMODATION: accommodation we include in the package is a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- This included a night in a hotel that has the following services:
All rooms with private bathroom and shower.
24 hours hot shower
TV-LCD. DIRECTV satellite signal.
Check in. 12:00 p.m. to 23:00 pm- check out at 9:00 am.
- 1 Professional bilingual guide for every 12 passengers. 1 guide assistant plus a guide assistant for 16 passengers per group.
- 1 Andean cooker and an assistant for every 8 passengers
- Horsemen and horses to carry all camping equipment, kitchen and 5 kilos of personal belongings of each passenger.
MEALS: includes all nutrients required during the trip.
- All food is buffet service offer.
four power breakfasts
four nutritious lunches
four delicious dinners
awake each morning tea in camps
- Radio communication
- First aid kit
- Guides certified in first aid and mountain rescue.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- First breakfast
- Lunch and dinner on the last day of trip
- Bus Service from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Sleeping bag
- Transportation and entrance to the hot springs of Santa Teresa
- Extra services we offer for the trip:
rental sleeping bags
Individual tent service
Service simple room in hot water
Bus ticket to Machu Picchu
Train ticket hidrolectrica – Aguas calientes town
Ticket to huaynapicchu mountain
Ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain.
Private transport Ollanta to Cusco
Extra Lunch in Aguas Calientes
Zip-line in Santa Teresa town.
IMPORTAND TO BRING
- Warm clothes for days 1, 2 and 5
- Sportswear (2 pairs each)
- walking shoes
- Camera or camcorder with extra battery
- Mosquito repellent
- Hat or cap
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Extra money in soles
- Standard Backpack Trip
Click Here to Booking
Price per person USD $